Seminary / Our Mission
The mission of Heritage Seminary is to equip people for theologically grounded leadership and ministry to serve the mission of God in the world through their involvement in evangelical churches, denominations, and parachurch ministries.
Our focus is on seeing Heritage Seminary become a leader in global church leadership development providing a flexible educational experience to a diverse student body who will serve the church around the world.
- Our student body will be culturally and ethnically diverse, preparing for a variety of Christian ministries.
- Our curriculum will be focused on the development of servant leaders for both church and parachurch ministries.
- Our educational delivery system will be diverse and flexible.
- Our faculty will be recognized by the broader evangelical community for their scholarship in service of ministry.
- Our graduates will be spiritually mature, theologically reflective, and effective in teaching and leading churches, denominations, and parachurch ministries.
- Our partnerships with like-minded organizations will be diverse and strategic opportunities for student learning and for research in support of our partners.
- Our ethos will be global as we attempt to contribute to the worldwide mission of the church.
Spiritual Formation We will model, teach, and facilitate a growing personal relationship with the triune God.
Centrality of the Bible We will integrate knowledge of biblical content, understanding the storyline of Scripture, and use of the biblical languages to enable faithful communication of the written word of God.
Revealed Truth We seek to grow in our understanding of the unchanging truth revealed in Scripture, to defend it against its critics, and to communicate it effectively in changing contexts.
Leadership Development We recognize the importance of leaders in the mission of God in the world, and we will provide opportunities for the practice of leadership and for theological reflection on the task.
Great Commission Orientation We will contribute our abilities and resources in support of Jesus Christ’s command to make disciples of all nations.
Vocational Specializations We recognize that those who aspire to vocational ministry have diverse gifts, and so we seek to provide education to support diverse specializations, as our resources will allow.
Methodological Flexibility We will provide education in a variety of formats in order to meet the needs of students whose life situations demand such variety.